Location: Royal College of Arts - Battersea
Kier Construction London is looking to recruit a Site Secretary. The successful post-holder will be responsible for providing full secretarial and administrative support to the site based staff.
• Dealing with the site post; date stamping; photocopying and distributions
• Manage the site filing system, drawings and paperwork
• Ensure all correspondence is set up on Kier headed paper and all fax sheets are as the standard with site address in the top right hand corner.
• Ensure that all correspondence is filed in Kierdoc or 4P as appropriate and filing reference sheet is completed
• Ensure any site mail is copied and uploaded onto 4P
• Manage the drawing issues to site staff and subcontractors via work packages on 4P
• Ensure the drawing register is kept up to date
• Organise the copying of drawings if required, checking to see if they are in colour or black and white
• Typing of all correspondence when required
• Issuing of programmes to all site staff and subcontractors as directed by site staff
• Manage the telephone system, answering all incoming calls in a professional manner
• Ensure the site manager has the correct copies of all minutes of meetings etc, for any meetings he attends
• Organise sandwiches, tea & coffee for the site meetings
• Ordering of stationery and consumables for the site including photocopier, toner, fax and printers. This will be reviewed by the Project Manager/Project Surveyor before submission.
• Ensure the site maintains an adequate supply of safety helmets, hi viz jackets etc on site and keep a record of issue
• Co ordinate the compilation of O & M Manuals, as required, ensure Kirk & Marsh are issued with a list of subcontractors as they are appointed
• Carry out any other administrative duty required if the site team
• Proven track record in administration
• Prepared to accept responsibility for his/her actions
• Self motivated individual who will not accept second best
• Flexible team player
• Self organised – ability to multi task
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to interact effectively with other members of staff
• Computer literate, especially word, excel and powerpoint.
The profile is not exhaustive. From time to time, you may be required by the Company to perform other tasks, which are not included in the above description, but are within your capabilities and, where necessary, training will be given.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.