Hexagon is all about customers, colleagues, and partners. Providing over 4,000 general needs homes, our driving aim is 'to meet housing, care and support needs in south London and North Kent and assist with economic and social regeneration’.
We are looking for a motivated Finance Assistant to join the Transaction Processing team within our Finance Department which covers the day to day processing of purchase and sales ledgers, rent accounting and cash book.
The main focus of the role will be rents, and duties will include:-
• Opening new rent periods and running the weekly rent debit
• Daily posting of rent received from cash sheets, bank statements, Housing Benefit schedules, Allpay, journal entries and adjustments
• Operating the weekly closedown and all other housekeeping functions relating to the computerised rent accounting system to ensure control over income and refunds
• Liaises closely with the housing department in matters relating to the management of tenant rent accounts
• Other tasks including managing of a petty cash float, making electronic payments and providing cover for colleagues as required.
In addition to having a can do attitude and commitment to providing excellent customer service, our ideal candidate will have a background of working in a finance environment, an understanding of double entry book-keeping and good IT skills (spreadsheets, computerised ledgers and Excel modelling).
If you think you have the skills to do all this and more, we want to hear from you.
You will be joining an award winning organisation committed to employee engagement, where every employee is valued and listened to. We will offer you excellent personal development, training and supervision to help you achieve your full potential, and an excellent package including pension scheme, performance related pay, flexitime, and 26 days annual leave rising to 31.