Assistant Contract Manager
Kier Housing Maintenance is looking to recruit an Assistant Contracts Manager.
• Establish and ensure the effective implementation of the Quality Management System, compliance with contract quality requirements and the compilation of records to demonstrate the conformity of the works.
• Provide continuous improvement support to operational delivery through the introduction of new technology, improved processes and increased resource competency.
• Assess compliance, or operational risks and develop risk management strategies in conjunction with the H&S professionals within the Business.
• Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation to ensure the rectification of such issues is completed to a satisfactory standard in the quickest time possible by collaborative working with the Head of Compliance.
• Ensure that agreed quality controls in place are fully understood and implemented.
• Support the Contract Manager with effective Contract Management to ensure that our supply chain are completing the required servicing regimes and producing the required documentation in sufficient time to ensure statutory and non-statutory compliance for our client.
• Manage a team of mobile/static workforce with an element of administration and subcontractor management
• Ensure clear communication with workforce, customers, line management, office support staff, subcontractors and third party suppliers
• Provide technical and admin support to the client and support staff
• Responsible for the delivery of all servicing streams and M&E repairs.
• Working with the Resource Scheduling Manager to offer support and direction.
• Ensure contractual KPI’s and SLA’s are achieved and exceeded.
• Provide statistical data to the Head of Compliance for inclusion into monthly and ad-hoc reports.
• Ensuring that effective Quality Management Systems are established, implemented and maintained at all levels.
• Liaise with the quality representative to ensure full agreement and understanding of the quality requirements and handover compliance requirements.
• Ensuring Audits are undertaken in accordance with the Audit Schedule and that any adverse findings, including those raised by others, are closed out in a timely manner.
• Providing guidance and assistance on Quality matters.
• Providing site training/mentoring on the requirements of the Quality Management System.
• Encouraging feedback from all employees and sub-contractors on possible areas of improvement and investigating the benefit of any employee recommendations regarding Quality matters.
• Reviewing Non-conformance reports to identify any apparent trends and providing timely reports on NCR status and trends to the Compliance Managers and the company Quality Manager.
• Working in Partnership with our clients to achieve an efficient service delivery
Key Skills and Qualifications:
• Suitable operational and compliance management experience.
• Working knowledge of Health and Safety at Work
• Full understanding of risk management.
• Flexible and able to travel within the UK as required is essential
• Able to understand and work within complex circumstances with tight deadlines is essential
• Ability to take a ‘whole system’ approach to service change is essential
• Able to influence people through clear, concise communication skills in both verbal and written format
• Highly organised and responsive, with ability to deliver under pressure
• A proven background in a similar role
• HND or Degree in related subject.
• Asbestos P402/P405/P406
• Fire Safety related qualification, preferably IFSM approved or equivalent
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.?
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.?
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.