To oversee the provision of an effective service within the Super hub in order to ensure that service levels of the highest standard are achieved
• Monitor and record staff attendance.
• Liaise with the service desk and VRC in regards to daily tasks and ad-hoc requests.
• Plan and coordinate vehicle movements between main hub and satellites, to ensure that all vehicles are cleaned and prepared at the main hub, and vehicle requirements are met at all stations.
• Plan and coordinate vehicle preparation at the main hub, to ensure that all ambulances are re-stocked with consumables and have the required equipment on board.
• Monitor the team’s performance to ensure that the required standards are maintained.
• Monitor the equipment store, record and scan all equipment usage. Ensure that the equipment store is locked and secure at all times.
• Scan all equipment on all ambulances. To make regular checks of the vehicles after preparation to monitor the work undertaken by the team, and, by using PDA/ ICT equipment, monitor standards
• Carry out regular checks of the vehicles after preparation.
• To ensure that all ambulances are re-stocked with consumables and have the required equipment on board, before the vehicle leaves the station
• To monitor equipment stores and log the used or stock items regularly
• To supervise the VP team & C1 Driver at the particular super hub and provide logistic support within associated satellite stations where they are located, to suit the needs of the contract and the client
• Monitor and control the usage of cleaning materials on site, making sure that the correct cleaning materials are used for the task in-hand and order when necessary so that there is adequate stock held in stores at all times.
• Carry out a weekly check of equipment to make sure it is in a safe working condition. Ensure that any defects are reported promptly to the Management.
• Carry out inductions training for new starters.
• Carry out CATS and QSHE audits as per the agreed service level agreement.
• Monitor Operatives to make sure that they adhere to the site rules and maintain a smart appearance at all times, including the wearing of the correct uniform when carrying out their tasks.
• Provide an effective handover of prepared vehicles with the service desk and the Quartermaster.
• On a daily basis, to inform LAS staff/VRC/Service Desk of any defects of any service vehicles and/or equipment.
• To deal with Customer complaints immediately in conjunction with the Management Team
• Assist the Ops Manager/ Contract manager in ensuring that service is proactively provided throughout the Contract
• To manage the site holidays and absences allocation of the Operatives to ensure that adequate coverage is available and that vehicle prep standards are not reduced
• To participate in relevant team meetings affecting members of your team
• To keep track of the ambulances within their remit, so as to enable the timely cleaning and preparation of them
• Assist in the recruitment of staff under your control
• Engage in the YVC process and promote participation from all staff
• Ensure all staff are appraised annually via the ‘Job Chat’ process and are given regular reviews to enable the opportunity for personal development
• Assist the Contract/General Manager in reviewing and addressing comments raised as a result of Customer Voice Counts
• Establish and maintain good working relationship with clients and other customers
• Ensure personal conduct is of the highest standard whilst on the hospital premises, exhibiting courtesy and efficiency to patients, visitors and users of the service at all times
• To follow any reasonable request from Trust staff
Health & Safety
• To ensure that all staff are aware of and trained in their responsibilities under Health and Safety Legislation
• To ensure that the company colour coding systems is widely displayed and implemented in all service areas
• To ensure full compliance with COSHH legislation including providing company training in this area to all staff
• To ensure full compliance with food hygiene guidelines ensuring that all colleagues understand their obligations
• To ensure that all accidents and incidents are reported to the Contract Manager
• Support with all Health and Safety systems and the up keep of risk assessments
The above list of key tasks is not exhaustive; the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. Job descriptions will be regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post.
Desirable Qualifications / Skills
• Minimum of 2 years supervisory or team leader experience (Desirable)
• Infection controlled trained (Desirable)
• Knowledge of COSHH (Desirable)
• Good knowledge of Health and Safety(Desirable)
• Working knowledge of a healthcare environment is preferred but full training will be provided. (Desirable)
• Excellent communication and organisational skills with strong attention to detail
• To be reliable and responsible with a flexible approach to work
• Ability to work independently and use initiative, while being part of a team
• Customer focused with proven customer care skill and positive and professional manner and attitude at all times
• Educated to a good standard
• Must hold a full valid C1 UK Driving Licence
• Ability to work under pressure
• Excellent time keeping
• Ability to build up good relationships with staff at all levels, especially internal customers
• Able to meet deadlines and targets
• Ability to deal with sensitive staff issues