Kier Housing Maintenance are looking to recruit an Assistant Site Manager who will report to the Site Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for familiarising themselves with the duties and responsibilities in order to assist the Site Manager.
• Implement and comply with Kier Group’s Safety, Health and Environment policy and procedures, all legal requirements, and best practice within the Business Unit and areas
• Support the management and motivation of the section’s labour and to establish its full contribution to the organisation
• Develop an organisational culture within projects that embodies the values of the Kier Group
• Embody Kier Group’s values towards its customers and to promote its vision to become the most highly respected company in the industry
• Establish and maintain the best relationship with the client, through and beyond construction, to satisfactory completion, and to deliver improved value to the client and company.
• Previous Site Management experience is essential with SMSTS or SSSTS
• You will be commercially aware with excellent organisational skills.
• You must have excellent communication skills, be self-motivated and customer focussed.
• You must be numerate with good IT Skills.
• You should have leadership skills (control and management of employees) and a proven track record in successfully managing a project.
• You should be ambitious with high aspirations.
• You must hold a Driving Licence.
• Sound knowledge of Safety, Health and Environment
Kier Group plc is a leading property, residential, construction and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate (globally) across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a head office at Tempsford Hall in Bedfordshire and a network of 88 UK offices (105 globally) Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, with a turnover of over £4bn and an order book of £9.5bn, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service (or asset management) contracts in the country.