Permanents Consultant role within Reed Specialist Recruitment is to generate income for the
office through placing candidates into jobs and developing new business through client sales activity.
Sales Activity :
• Developing business opportunities through targeted cold calling, attending sales meetings, sales presentations,
organisational visits and networking events.
• Winning new business through adopting innovative and creative approaches to selling REED that makes us stand
out from the competitors.
• Growing business by exploring potential opportunities and selling permanent solutions within the existing client
• Creating business opportunities through proactive marketing of candidates including “spec calls”.
• Attending client visits to service existing business and seek new business.
• Fostering and developing close working relationships with clients to identify their current and future business needs.
• Seeking to fully understand the requirements of clients’ roles to maximise success ratios when putting candidates
forward for the position.
• Demonstrating the necessary understanding of the recruitment processes and time scales to successfully manage
• Understanding the processes, procedures and requirements of the clients’ internal recruitment systems.
• Delivering a world-class service that exceeds the expectations of the client.
Candidate Activity :
• Searching/sourcing for candidates via direct advertising, job boards, social media and referrals.
• Conducting marketing activity to attract new candidates to register with REED.
• Developing strong relationships with candidates through effective networking.
• Registering and interviewing new candidates to evaluate their skills, experience and career goals.
• Completing relevant background checks.
• Matching candidates to permanent opportunities and filling vacancies.
• Fully preparing candidates prior to them attending interview.
• Writing accurate and engaging candidate profiles and actively promoting them to clients.
• Working with urgency and ensuring that vacancies are filled to agreed timescales.
• Ensuring that all data relevant to the recruitment process is accurately recorded using internal databases.
• Ensuring all processes and procedures are followed to meet legislative and internal quality requirements.
• Producing ad-hoc reports as required.
• Compliance and general administration.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties but gives an indication of the work that must be undertaken.