Reports to: Finance Director
Everywoman is a membership organisation that drives the development and advancement of women in business. We create & deliver programmes that challenge and change mind-sets, so that we increase the individual success and collective influence of women in business.
We are looking for an experienced and highly organised Office Manager to manage all administrative functions associated with the effective running of the office, the infrastructure including IT and its people. Reporting into the Finance Director and supporting that role.
• Manage office services by organising office operations and procedures, controlling correspondence, designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions.
• Manage the IT infrastructure though the IT supplier and software licences
• Manage the companies HR system Octopus, managing staff contracts, staff identification, holidays, absence etc.
• Manage office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
• Support the Finance Director in invoicing, processing purchase orders, and petty cash
• Develop and implement new administrative systems, such as record management
• Defines procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records to include the archived storage
• Manage internal and external filing systems
• Manage all facilities requirements, such as electrical testing, cleaning, and health & safety, including reviewing and updating related policies and ensuring they are observed
• Liaise with the external IT support company and provide employees with IT support as required. Track and log all IT equipment and licences.
• Liaise with landlords on building management issues
• Deal with all external suppliers to maintain all office supplies, equipment and manage equipment inventories
• Record office expenditure and managing the budget
• Maintaining the condition of the office and arranging for necessary repairs
• Organise induction programmes for new employees
• Manage staff records through our HR tool – Octopus HR
• Assist at everywoman events
• Posting supplier invoices and raising sales invoices and contracts
• Support the Finance Director with supplier and cost-saving reviews
• Ad hoc analysis of some accounting data
• Assist the Finance Director with the month end close
• Deal with correspondence
• Prepare letters, presentations and reports
• Welcome guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries
Organisation & Planning – Exceptional attention to detail and excellent administrative, multitasking, planning and organisational skills, used in planning own work as well as influencing others to work smarter. Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines whilst responding effectively to changing priorities.
Communication – Demonstrable ability to communicate at all levels, with excellent writing skills and the ability to influence others.
Initiative – Able to work effectively with minimal management, guidance/supervision, using own instincts and initiative, whilst understanding appropriate escalation points.
Problem Solving – Ability to analyse, pre-empt and resolve problems, including negotiating when necessary to reach a win-win outcome
IT – Good level of competence in Excel, Word and Outlook and ideally familiar with computerised accounting software (Sage). Good experience and knowledge of IT infrastructure in a small business
• Natural relationship builder and nurturer
• Natural team player with a “can-do” attitude
• Tactful and articulate in all interactions with others
• Sound judgement under pressure and able to make decisions
• Instinctive and able to apply common sense in all situations
• Naturally maintains confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
• Willingness to accept responsibility
• Proven experience of similar roles for the last 3 – 5 years, ideally in a small organisation
• Well-presented and confident with people at all levels
• Calm, confident and professional disposition with high energy levels
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Able to occasionally attend evening events
• Educated to A-level as minimum