Lighting Assistant Apprenticeship
Spectrecom Films produces award-winning films, TV commercials, corporate, charity and branded content for some of the world’s leading brands and biggest digital agencies. Based out of their large Kennington office & studios they run three in-house studio stages, a production company and multiple postproduction suites.
General responsibilities would include organising the lighting kit room and lighting kit, painting the studio cycloramas for shoots, setting up the lighting equipment for shoots, advising clients on effective lighting solutions, organising the three studios in preparation for different shoots, helping the head lighting technician on larger shoots, learning how to repair lights and electrical equipment, possibly some small amount of lighting on location, and learning all aspects of becoming an excellent Senior Lighting Technician and Gaffer.
1. Paperwork e.g. wish lists and inventories
2. Communications with clients and internal stakeholders
3. Use of a database and online systems e.g. farmerswife
4. Financial duties e.g. budgets and value for money and communicating options to clients
5. Literacy skills development through learning the jargon and studying policies/documents
6. Health and safety responsibilities
7. Project management of shoots including paperwork and overall logistics
8. Opportunity for decision making
This is a very physical role so we are looking for someone who’s happy to do that. This is more practical than administrative even if the qualification is Business Administration.
• Minimum grade C-A* (or 4-9) in five GCSE, including Maths and English (or Functional Skills level 2 in both).
1. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build and maintain strong collaborative internal and external working relationships.
2. Good level of intellect and logical thought processes, including a logical approach to problem-solving.
3. A quick learner with excellent attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate work.
4. Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, multi-task and manage time effectively, as well as being reliable and punctual.
Good health and strength.