As part of a wide portfolio of skills and services, Kier provides specialist teams and technology solutions to help plan, manage and improve our clients’ workplaces. This provides our clients with access to solutions not readily available in their own organisations. It also enables our clients to focus on their core business, while Kier takes care of the rest.
Our key clients include the Royal Opera House, Royal Shakespeare Company, Legal and General, Kent County Council, Oldham Council, BAE and the London Borough of Southwark. We also work with a number of schools and academies, the Welsh Government and hold a major contract with the NHS in Yorkshire and Humber.
As part of a team the Facilities Officer has general responsibility for the upkeep of school premises, which includes monitoring the facilities and carrying out minor repairs in order to provide a safe a pleasant environment for all users and visitors.
They will liaise with all stakeholders and report back to the Facilities Supervisor on a daily basis and provide a flexible and pro-active approach to FM service delivery. This role will work across various sites in the Hackney area.
• The person appointed must be flexible and be prepared to cover in the event of illness or unforeseen circumstances of the Premises Staff across the Hackney BSF portfolio of schools
• Taking responsibility as required for the maintenance and upkeep of the premises, including the grounds, buildings, fixtures, fittings and furniture.
• Update and maintain the CAFM system, ensuring that work orders are prioritised and completed as per the Authority Requirements.
• Help all school staff – e.g. assisting with large display mounting, moving sets for productions, moving furniture prior to cleaning or to decoration taking place, repairs to classrooms/school equipment.
• Ensuring gates, entrances and exits are kept clear and dealing with dangerously parked vehicles on site.
• Supervising car parking during evening events as required.
• Responding to out of hours alarm activations as necessary and required.
• Working in the Education sector all employees have a responsibility to understand the importance of and to adhere to the Company’s safeguarding policy and procedures as well as those of our customers.
Key Skills and Qualifications
• Ability to carry out minor repairs, painting and grounds maintenance.
• Trade background in Plumbing/Electrical/Carpentry is preferable.
• Evidence of all training undertaken relevant to the post.
• To be able to work effectively in a school, with staff and students.
• To be reliable, willing, cheerful and have excellent health and be able to meet the physical demands of the post.
• Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships throughout the school and to fit in with and enhance the existing team.
• Ability to communicate clearly and to write simple reports in an accurate and concise manner.
• Awareness and commitment to follow policies, procedures and working practices.
Please note the successful candidate will be subject to a DBS check
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.