Engie are recruiting for a Domestic Assistant x 10 to be based in Various Camden & Islington Hospital sites. This is a permanent full time working various hours per week (starting at £7.50 per hour). The role holder will report to Supervisor – Domestics.
• To undertake cleaning tasks, both planned and reactive, throughout the hospital or clinics to the required standard using correct cleaning materials, equipment and methods.
• To undertake maintenance of floors, including mopping, polishing and scrubbing. This will, on occasion, include the use of industrial cleaning equipment which may include a ‘sit-on’ or walk behind vacuum cleaner or scrubbers.
• To be responsible for vacuum cleaning and carpet water extraction cleaning.
• Undertake cleaning of sanitary areas.
• Undertake the cleaning of Public Areas, including public toilets. This will include the use of steam cleaners for the toilet areas.
• Responsible for the segregation, removal and disposal of waste.
• Responsible for reporting incidents requiring pest control and supporting and assisting the cleaning and maintenance tasks involved with pest control.
• Undertakes the taking down and re-hanging of curtains.
• Responsible for ensuring that Disposal Hold bins are not to be more than 80% full at any time and to make timely request that those bins reaching the 80% mark are emptied.
• Responsible for the cleaning of kitchens and equipment.
• To move light equipment i.e. beds, lockers and chairs, to facilitate cleaning.
• Comply with Health and Safety at all times.
• Duties will include special cleaning such as Termination and MRSA type infection control cleans. Full training is to be provided.
• Cleaning of spillage of bodily fluids in non-clinical areas.
• Observation of statutory and Trust/Company Policy
• Ensure that a high standard of personal grooming and Hygiene is maintained including wearing the required uniform and PPE provided.
• This job description is not an exhaustive list. It is also subject to change in light of service developments and in consultation with the post holder and his/her manager.