Kier Workplace Services provides specialist teams and technology solutions to help plan, manage and improve our clients’ workplaces. This provides our clients with access to solutions not readily available in their own organisations. It also enables our clients to focus on their core business, while Kier takes care of the rest.
Our key clients include the Royal Opera House, Royal Shakespeare Company, Legal and General, Kent County Council, Oldham Council, BAE and the London Borough of Southwark. We also work with a number of schools and academies, the Welsh Government and hold a major contract with the NHS in Yorkshire and Humber.
Kier Workplace Services is looking to recruit a Cleaner, who will report to the Area Cleaning Supervisor. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a range of cleaning services to a site within a Facilities Management contact we hold with Kent County Council.
• Sweeping, mopping, polishing and buffing of hard floor areas
• Vacuuming carpets and furnishings
• Cleaning, wiping, dusting and polishing of surfaces, fittings, fixtures and furniture
• Empty waste bins, removing rubbish to collection areas
• Cleaning toilet areas fittings and fixtures
• Clean internal glazing to keep substantially free from dirt, marks and deposits
• Securing the windows in all unoccupied areas, if required
• Responsibility for all keys held for access purposes & ensuring their safe return (if required)
• Security of the cleaning store
• Reporting all accidents, incidents and dangerous occurrences to Manager/ Supervisor
• Attending training and meetings as arranged and directed
• Wear protective clothing and uniform as issued
Key Skills and Qualifications:
• Previous cleaning experience advantageous but not essential (training is provided)
• Possesses the ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
• You will need to be energetic, punctual, and reliable with a proactive approach to your work
Please note the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy.
Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer
Let’s shape your world together