One Support is the housing, care and support arm of One Housing Group and is one of the largest and fastest growing providers of housing, care and support services across London and the South East.
Our aim is to improve the quality of life of our customers, building confidence and skills to allow them to live independently while playing an active role in their communities. We view all our customers as individuals with specific needs, treating them with respect and dignity, and focusing on achieving real results.
To provide high quality, flexible, person-centred care. To work with others to support individuals to achieve the outcomes in their care plan and to provide a healthy and active process of ageing for the individual in their own home. .
Principle Outputs & Responsibilities
• To provide assistance and/or guidance where needed with personal care, e.g. taking medicines, shaving, and intensive personal or intimate care in circumstances where this is required.
• To carry out tasks including; shopping, cleaning, ironing, cooking, collecting benefits and/or prescriptions, and escorting to attend appointments whilst promoting individual independence
• To monitor the physical and emotional health of customers and take necessary action
• To encourage customers to influence the development of their service to ensure that it reflects their ideas, views, opinions and wishes
• To participate in and monitor care plans
• To work alone on occasions, both within the service and in the community, working to the organisation’s policy and procedures when working alone and reporting any changes that may affect the personal safety of yourself and others
• To work and cooperate with others to ensure effective communication with other care workers, families, external professionals etc.
• To act on own initiative and respond responsibly and effectively to the demands of customers
• To comply with all Group policies and procedures in delivering the service
• To at all times carry out responsibilities with due regard to One Support Equal Opportunities policy and Diversity strategy
• To follow One Housing, the Local Authority and CQC Safeguarding policies and procedures for vulnerable adults
• To respect the confidentiality of data stored electronically and by other means in line with the Data Protection Act
• To participate in and contribute to regular supervision and performance review meetings with line management and attend identified training
• Any other duties within the general scope of the post as directed by the line manager
This job description provides and indication of the role and responsibilities of the post but should not be construed as an exclusive list of duties that the post holder may be asked to undertake.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Good interpersonal skills
• Reasonable written skills
• Experience of providing support to others in a work, voluntary or personal capacity
• A practical solution focussed approach to problem solving
• An understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion
• Ability to work flexibly and in a busy environment
• Ability to prioritise workload.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Knowledge of the Housing Sector and One Housing’s activities
• Understanding of working with vulnerable adults.
• Ability to provide assistance and/or guidance where needed with personal care
• Ability to communicate with customers, their families and friends and giving accurate feedback to the management team
• Basic IT skills including use of Microsoft packages including Word
• Good written and spoken English
• Good team worker
• Good communication skills with the ability to engage with vulnerable people
• Good organisational and time management skills
• Ability to motivate and support vulnerable adults
• Ability to manage a caseload of customers
• Ability to maintain administration, communication records and recording systems
Professional Qualifications and Membership
• Demonstrate numeracy and literacy skills equivalent to level 2 functional skills and/or GCSE
• Ensure that responsibilities for Health & Safety are properly understood and discharged as defined in One Housing’s Health & Safety Policy and that Health & Safety concerns are promptly and clearly communicated to the appropriate people.
• Comply fully with One Housing’s policies and procures including the standing orders and financial regulations.
• Comply with the Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy
• Comply with the Data Protection Act (all employees will not disclose or make use of for their private advantage any information held on record which is not available to the public)
• Carry out any other reasonable duties as required