Apprentice IT Support Analyst
Withers has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. They advise clients on their business and personal legal needs around the world. They are the largest law firm in the world dedicated to the needs of successful people, their families, their businesses and their philanthropic work
1. First-line support including responsibility for answering the Service Desk phone, emails and walk-ups.
2. Communications support including responsibility for video conferencing system connections, laptop, tablet and mobile phone configuration.
3. Work as part of the desktop development team, evaluating and testing new releases of software.
4. Perform desktop support functions to users located in the London office and telephone support to the other offices and users working outside the office when necessary.
5. Assist with user account creation and management.
6. Administer the hardware and software inventory, ensuring records are kept fully up to date.
7. Log calls in the Service Desk call logging software to ensure incidents are managed in a timely manner and escalated using the correct procedures. Close calls when a satisfactory resolution has been achieved.
8. Correctly diagnose PC, laptop and printer hardware faults and liaise with 3rd party engineers. Repair calls should be carried out within reasonable timescales and monitored to resolution.
9. Inform the Service Desk Manager of any escalating support issues in order that they may be resolved within reasonable timescales.
10. Provide desk side assistance as appropriate.
Work on projects as required.
• Five GCSE grades C – A* (or 4-9), including Maths and English.
• GCSE Mathematics grade C-A* (or 4-9) or level 2 functional skill.
• GCSE English (Literature or Language) grade C- A* (or 4-9) or level 2 functional skill.
• Good knowledge of IT packages e.g Microsoft Office, Google Docs/Sheets etc.
1. Windows 8 and Windows 10 Professional
2. MS Office 2013 – Word, Excel. PowerPoint and Outlook
3. Computer, laptop and printer hardware knowledge is desirable
4. Able to troubleshoot and resolve problems methodically and logically
5. Commitment to support others
6. Empathise with customer frustrations; capable of dealing with people in a calm, effective manner
7. Inspires confidence
8. Excellent communication skills
9. Ability to use own initiative
1. Organised and accurate with a high level of attention to detail
2. Able to work under pressure
3. Good attention to detail
4. Excellent timekeeping
5. Enjoys being a team player
6. Flexibility is a must as shift coverage, out of hours support and occasional overtime during projects and rollouts may be required.