Apprentice Administration Assistant
AD Construction Group
- They do not need to drive, but they do need to be accessible to the office via public transport.
- A-C grades Maths and English for the college course.
- Good computer skills and organisational skills are a must.
- The apprenticeship course is a year, so usually the apprenticeship employment will run for around 15 months to facilitate this.
- Where possible taking into account business need, and subject to great performance and commitment to the role, we would hope to be able to offer a permanent position if possible following completion of the apprenticeship.
- General administrative duties, including data entry, drafting correspondence, answering incoming telephone calls, taking messages where necessary, booking couriers, photocopying and binding of documents.
- Assist in maintaining accurate record systems including filing, archiving and ensure that all records are clear and precise. Be able to provide management with information as a when required.
- Maintain accurate records particularly in respect of priced contract specification. Including re-producing prices onto excel spread sheet, pricing and recording all client contract instructions onto excel spread sheet for contract valuations, ensuring effective filing and that all records are clear and precise.
- Assist in the preparation and processing of invoices and contractual documentation. Referring any queries to manager for resolution.
- Preparing health and safety files and other site documentation and on completion of works assist in the completion of contract performance assessment sheet.
- Communication, Provide good, clear, precise communication to all contacts, both internal and external, on all aspects of the service provided.
- IT skills and knowledge: Have a good knowledge of in-house computer systems. Regularly update systems to ensure accurate data is held and available as and when required, assist in the development of I.T systems to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the service.
- Health & Safety: Comply with company SHEQ policy & legislation and ensure good practice in own work area. As applicable, ensure that any reporting staff are fully aware of the policy and legislation and comply with it accordingly during the course of their day to day duties.
- Environmental: To be aware of the environmental aspects and impacts relevant to your role and comply with any relevant environmental legislation. If applicable be responsible for also ensuring compliance by reporting staff and understanding the environmental impact associated with their position.
- Flexibility: The over-riding need is to provide an economical and commercially viable organisation, which is responsive to the needs of our clients, customers and other AD staff members. The post holder will be expected to take a flexible approach to his/her duties and to assist in covering for all aspects of work as required in order to promote the general wellbeing of the group.
- Responsibilities towards Quality management: Assist with all aspects of the Quality management system. Ensure that all Quality standards and procedures are adhered to and that paperwork control is within the guidelines of the current Quality management system manual.
- Equal Opportunities: To understand and work within our Equal Opportunities policy, ensuring that the working environment is fair and consistent. If applicable ensure that staff reporting to post holder are also fully aware of, and comply with, the companies’ Equal Opportunities policy.